Friday, February 18, 2011

The Mission: Who? What? Where? Why?

December 2010 unemployment rate in the United States - 9.1%... in New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, NY-NJ-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area the rate is 8.2%

Maybe that's not something you pay attention to...maybe it's something that you are tired of hearing about...for me, these statistics are quite relevant to my life and moods.

My name is Shilpa.  I am a displaced Texan trying to survive the cold and the inflation of the northeast who now finds herself a member of the unemployed population in America. This new 'membership' of mine affects me differently every day...so what better way to deal/commiserate/deal than together...and with all of you!

I want to make the most of living in New York City, but on a budget...lucky for me, there are tons of deals and events that are free! Lucky for you, I will be reporting back about each of these so you can join in on the fun too!


Welcome to my reality...hope you're ready for the ride!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Shilpa! I can't wait to hear about your adventures in NYC! <3

    ReplyDelete