Wednesday, June 1, 2011

NYC Masti: Painting in the new decade


May marked a big month for me...the beginning of my third decade!  I wanted to celebrate this milestone birthday by doing something different and very 'Shilpa' and I found the perfect option...Paint Along NYC

My husband and I attended one of their painting classes last fall and really enjoyed it.  Basically the whole class paints the same picture as the instructor, Marti, takes you step by step to create your individual masterpiece...all while drinking wine...yes, it's a BYO!
With Marti

I contacted Marti about setting up a painting session for me and my friends and she was very accommodating.  She even let me pick the painting!  To my surprise, we had a total of 15 people sign up.
Some of the boys showing off their artwork
The class was a blast! At first I was nervous about how everyone would get along...and I wasn't sure how the boys in the group would take to painting...but it all went really smoothly...I'm sure the wine played a part in this.  Everyone got along, we even had Marti cracking jokes with us! 
Busy painting!

We all added a bit of our own flare and personality to each painting so each one was unique!  I made the vase in my painting into a wine bottle with a label that reads "Vintage 30" to mark the event.


Yay, Thirty!
Of course the painting class was just a part of the birthday weekend celebrations, but it was one of my favorites!  So much that now I want to go again...too bad I don't have any more wall space for new paintings. Thirty has definitely started off on the right foot!
Ta-Da!

1 comment: