Wednesday, July 27, 2011

This and That: 30 going on 13

So unless you've been living under a rock, you know that the final Harry Potter movie came out a couple of weeks ago.  And, as my facebook friends know, I was really excited about this movie...I think I had 5 back-to-back Potter status updates!  My husband calls me a 5 year old, but I think in this case, 13ish may be more appropriate...don't ya' think?

I got tickets to the midnight show at our neighborhood theater and was all set to go - Gryffindor shirt, gold and maroon scarf (thanks, Mom!), and my wand!  While I had my reservations about going to a midnight show - being 30 means an earlier bed time - I tend to bend the rules for Harry Potter.  Then a friend made an offer I couldn't refuse...through work, she had tickets to see HP 7 part 2 even before the midnight show...AND free popcorn and Pepsi! Yeah, I got to see the movie even earlier than I thought and I got to go to bed at a decent hour. Woo hooo! I love that my friends feed by Harry Potter obsession!

Since it was a work sponsored event, I didn't bring out all of my HP gear (the only ones dressed up were under the age of 12)...but that doesn't mean I can't be Pottered out when I watch it at home later...now just have to wait 6-7 months. :-/

I am sad that there are no more movies to look forward to, but I was very happy with how they ended it.  I felt they did a great job of highlighting key points and including cool special effects.  Of course, as always, the book was better, but the movie brought it all to life...and even cleared some things up for me.  I'm tempted to read the entire series again, but the stack of 20 books waiting for me from the library tell me that may not happen just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment